Thursday, May 1, 2008

white noise day video results

"How much could one word matter?"

When I asked my interview subjects this question for the White Noise day video, a lot of them had the same reaction: that it actually matters a lot. A word can be the difference between a yes and no, or it can turn a hurtful statement into a helpful one. Only one person said that one word doesn't make much of a difference because another word can always be used to combat it.
I thought it was interesting that almost everybody had the same basic answer but all of their examples and logic were different.
-Bonnie

1 comment:

Gabby said...

This is exactly how I feel about people's response to my quote. Everyone understood that it meant to live every day as it comes and live freely however everyone viewed the actual concept differently. How that played a part in each persons life was always completely different.