Wednesday, April 30, 2008

White Noise day

"“I got out of bed in the middle of the night and went to the small room at the end of the hall to watch Steffie and Wilder sleep. I remained at this task, motionless, for nearly an hour, feeling refreshed and expanded in unnameable ways”
I'd have to say this gave people a lot more trouble than i had anticipated, however that seemed to be a common problem. The input i was able to receive some of my interviewers was exceptional and even helped me to look more deeply into my quote and find its real meaning in clarity.

-Dwight

3 comments:

jc said...

Dwight i had the same problem with my quote. I think when taken out of context especially for people that had not read this book, it was much harder for them to understand these quotes and very difficult to answer questions about them. However, when i asked the people that had read the book, some of their answers also deepened my understanding of the book as well.

skippy said...

Dwight, I was with you and that was definitely the case. But i thought it was a great time to spend together because our varied quotes received an interesting plethora of responses.
Thanks,
Charlie

skippy said...

i found that to be true too- although my quote was much easier to internet when taken out of the context of the book. i did find it hard to explain the book to people but a lot of people were able to offer an interpretation without previous knowledge of the book. Some people even gave some comments that i myself had not thought of.
-Bonnie